Today I made this banana bread and it was delicious!
Here’s the list of ingredients I used:
- 2 cups (250g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
You can also add chopped walnuts if you wish.
What to do:
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, bread soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the eggs and vanilla essence along with the mashed banana and give it a good mix!
- Add the wet mix into the dry mix and make sure it is well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius.
- Spray the loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and fill it with the batter.
- Put into oven for approx 55 minutes and you can cover it with aluminum foil if excess browning occurs.
Also one last piece of advice, don’t overfill the loaf tin like I did, it will expand when cooking and may rise up a bit too high! 😂