I was shopping the other day and spotted a quiche tin so I said I’d give it a go! Surprisingly this was really easy & quick to make.
Ingredients for the pastry:
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 150g plain flour
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 3 rashers
- 170ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 60g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 sliced tomato
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour, butter, and water to make the pastry. Make sure the pastry is soft but not sticky.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and line the quiche tin.
- Add the rashers, onion, and cheese into the quiche tin. Add the the sliced tomato on top.
- Mix the eggs, pepper, and milk together and pour over the filling in the quiche tin.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes until the quiche is a golden brown colour and make sure it is well cooked in the middle.
You may also add spinach, mushrooms, basil etc. to the quiche. Add in whatever veg you like!