I was shopping the other day and spotted a quiche tin so I said I’d give it a go! Surprisingly this was really easy & quick to make.
Ingredients for the pastry:
Ingredients for the filling:
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 150g plain flour
60g grated cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour, butter, and water to make the pastry. Make sure the pastry is soft but not sticky.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and line the quiche tin.
- Add the rashers, onion, and cheese into the quiche tin. Add the the sliced tomato on top.
- Mix the eggs, pepper, and milk together and pour over the filling in the quiche tin.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes until the quiche is a golden brown colour and make sure it is well cooked in the middle.
You may also add spinach, mushrooms, basil etc. to the quiche. Add in whatever veg you like!
Today I made this banana bread and it was delicious!
Here’s the list of ingredients I used:
- 2 cups (250g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
You can also add chopped walnuts if you wish.
What to do:
In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, bread soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Using an electric mixer, add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Pour in the eggs and vanilla essence along with the mashed banana and give it a good mix!
Add the wet mix into the dry mix and make sure it is well combined.
Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius.
Spray the loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and fill it with the batter.
Put into oven for approx 55 minutes and you can cover it with aluminum foil if excess browning occurs.
Also one last piece of advice, don’t overfill the loaf tin like I did, it will expand when cooking and may rise up a bit too high! 😂